THE SOUND OF BLUES, SOUL AND ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
The BASSRIG ’64 Black Panel is, quite simply, a complete vintage bass amp in a pedal. Based on Fender®’s Showman® and Bassman® amplifiers, we have used all-analogue circuitry to recreate a complete valve amp-style signal path, along with an all-analogue cabinet simulator, giving you the drive, grit and articulation of these classic amps in one small box.
Back in the days before modern bass amps, achieving high stage volumes with bass guitar was a challenge that required powerful, clean amps. Nobody fills this niche quite like Fender®. Their high-powered amps – designed with guitar and bass in mind – graced countless stages and studios throughout the 1960s. The Showman®, with its 2×15 cabinets, and the later Bassman® models boast an illustrious list of users between them, including Sir Paul McCartney, Crazy Horse’s Billy Talbot and our own personal favourite, Berry Oakley of The Allman Brothers.
In fact, a whole host of Fenders can be heard amplifying the bass on some of the greatest Soul and Rock ‘n’ Roll records of the ‘60s. At Origin Effects, we believe that this boundary-pushing era has given us some of history’s best bass tones.
- Complete valve amp-style signal path with dedicated class-A preamp and push-pull output stage, based on the Fender® Showman® and Bassman®
- Balanced DI output with analogue cabinet simulator based on an early ‘60s Fender® 2×15 bass cabinet
- Reactive overdrive design simulates interaction between amp and speaker for realistic feel and authentic sound
- Full range of Fender bass tones from clean to overdriven
- Powerful tone-shaping Amp Out EQ
- Blend control lets you mix your drive sound in parallel with your clean signal
- Tour-grade, all-metal construction
- High-impedance, buffered bypass with silent switching
- Designed and built in England