Neuron achieves a seamless array of incredible amp tones in a compact pedal — from sparkling clean to heavy distortion and everything in between. A multistage, dynamic gain architecture yields unparalleled control over the desired amount of distortion — effortlessly producing harmonic structures that range from subtle to dense and complex. One of its most salient features is its feel, which is almost hyper-realistic when compared to an amplifier.
Neuron is the culmination of years of research and development. We studied the gain circuits of pedals and amps — both tube and solid state — to learn not only how they sound good, but why. We developed new and unique algorithms to test our findings, then refined these algorithms based on what we learned.
Our goal was never to emulate or mimic other gear. This would imply that there is no room for improvement — or at least, no room for unique greatness. Each technological medium has strengths and weaknesses, and to use one medium to emulate another denies its inherent power and versatility.
Sound is subjective — particularly when created as artistic expression. To gauge what sounds “good,” we can trust only our own judgments. If our own sense of what sounds good is confined to what we have heard, then we can only emulate. However, to chase the sound in our own heads, we cannot be limited by what currently exists.
In other words, we learn by studying the masters; but we create through invention.
- Single-knob compression constrains the drive level for smooth, consistent tone.
- Adjustable studio-quality noise reduction
- Tilt EQ adapts your tone to various setups without changing presets.
- Switchable speaker simulator for running direct
- Three-band EQ with additional controls for tightness and presence
- Up to 6 presets can be stored and recalled via the footswitch. Up to 24 presets can be recalled via MIDI controller.
- All controls are accessible via MIDI (two 2.5 mm TRS to 5-pin DIN adapters are included)
- True bypass
- Small, pedalboard-friendly footprint
- Requires standard 9V pedal power supply (not included)
- Designed and manufactured in California USA