In 2001 Bogner launched the Uberschall amplifier. More than a decade later, Bogner still hand builds each one, right here in Los Angeles, California. Dubbed “Armageddon in a Box”, the ferocious Uberschall pedal derives its thunderous hi-gain tones from the notoriously brutal Bogner Uberschall amplifier. While the Uberschall pedal offers a significant range of classic lower and medium gains, its true nature comes forth when delivering savage, face-melting, high-gain aggression – don’t say we didn’t warn you!
Reinhold designed the Uberschall pedal with five discrete Class A gain stage without diode clipping, mirroring circuitry of the Uberschall amplifier’s high-gain channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in distortion pedals.
The Uberschall pedal is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Uberschall amplifier’s legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Master Controls: volume, treble, middle, bass and gain
- Boost function with independently lit volume control
- Jacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the On/Off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicators: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more